Wondering what Downtown Harrisonburg has planned for Thanksgiving? Holiday traditions are a big part of Downtown Harrisonburg, and we have the scoop on special events, menus, offers and promotions.
The Rocktown Turkey Trot is one of the best ways to have fun, get your exercise in, and support a great cause. Canned foods and non-perishables are being collected from each participant for the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank. This annual event will begin at 8:30 a.m. the morning of Thanksgiving, and don’t forget to come dressed in your favorite Thanksgiving-themed running gear. Kids also will get a chance to unleash some energy in The Gobble Gobble Kids Dash at 8 a.m.
Hosting a Thanksgiving dinner and need some help? There are a few businesses that have you covered to create a delicious Thanksgiving spread!
- Bittersweet Bakery is currently taking pre-orders for pies, cookies, dinner rolls, and other delicious baked goods.
- Friendly City Food Co-op is currently taking pre-orders for Thanksgiving turkeys and side dishes. Simply fill out a form with your order and drop it by the store or phone in your information. Place your orders on Nov. 14.
- The Heritage Bakery & Cafe is also taking pre-orders for mini and full gingerbread loaves, which are topped with cream cheese icing, pomegranate seeds, fresh cranberries, crystallized ginger, and a rosemary sprig.
- Lola Mo’s is offering whole pies. You can stop by to pre-order either their Bourbon Pecan or Apple Pie. Orders will be taken until Nov. 18th or while supplies last, and the pies will be ready for pick up on Nov. 21st.
Avoid the hassle of cooking altogether and make reservations at…
- The Joshua Wilton House, which are offering a gourmet, three-course meal featuring Polyface Farm turkeys. You can dine anytime between 12 – 4 pm. Make reservations online.
- Finnigan’s Cove, which is also offering a turkey dinner with mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, cranberry salad and a roll for $11.99. Hours will be between 4 pm – 2 am on Thanksgiving Day.
And, of course, what’s Thanksgiving without doing some shopping on Black Friday and Small Business Saturday? Stay tuned for an upcoming news blog about all the places in downtown that are offering special sales and promotions during these two days.
These businesses will be closed on Thanksgiving:
- Jimmy Madison’s
- Ruby’s Arcade
- Bittersweet Bakery
- Three Notch’d Valley Collab House
- Kline’s Dairy Bar
- New Creation
- Walkabout Outfitter
- Bring Your Own
- Brothers Craft Brewing
- OASIS Fine Art & Craft
- Friendly City Food Co-op
- Shenandoah Yoga
- Restorative Massage Therapy
- Ten Thousand Villages
- Clementine Cafe
- Charlee Rose Boutique
- The Virginia Quilt Museum
- Larkin Arts
- Green Hummingbird
- Pale Fire Brewing Co.