It’s that time of year when you can just smell and taste the Fall. That’s why we’ve gone around Downtown Harrisonburg looking for those pumpkin, apple, honey and cinnamon flavors!
- The Heritage Bakery & Cafe has amazing flavors that are just perfect for the season. This cozy, peaceful bakery offers more than just traditional pumpkin pies, it has hot spiced apple cider,
apple oat crumb pie, apple-pecan-cranberry gluten and dairy free muffins, and much more. They also have espresso coffee cake with a glaze and topped with berries that will just fill your day with joy!
2. Bella Gelato & Pastries has put an autumn spin on their gelato, drinks, and pastries. This year’s fall flavors feature pumpkin pie and spiced cider gelato, spiced cold brew and cider, and incredible pumpkin cream cheese muffins. Of course, we couldn’t forget about the pumpkin lattes, which are made with brown sugar, vanilla extract, spices and pumpkin purée.
3. What better way to have that fall feeling around you, than to smell its amazing aromas? The Isle Co. presents soap and candles that double as moisturizer when you burn them! You can fill your home or office with the scents of harvest apple, spiced pumpkin, and autumn woods.
4. Popcorn lovers know to visit Shirley’s Gourmet Popcorn for original theater style popcorn and gourmet flavors that they change throughout the year. November’s “flavor of the month” is pumpkin spice, which is just right for our fall flavors’ search.
5. Black Sheep Coffee, which is located at the Ice House, has its share of fall pastries, drinks and sandwiches. Curl up with your books or laptop and enjoy spiced apple coffee cake, pumpkin bread, pumpkin spice latte, honey cinnamon latte, and cayenne mocha. They even planned ahead to Thanksgiving and have a panini with carved turkey, cranberry sauce, and white cheddar. Yum!
Written by Rania Zaied and Noelle Dondero, HDR’s awesome marketing interns.