How are you planning to celebrate Valentine’s Day? If you’re looking for the perfect spot for dinner, gift ideas, or recommendations for a special evening at home, we’ve got you covered ?
Choose a delicious spot for dinner:
- What’s your love language? Take your pick at Food.Bar.Food’s romantic, 3-course languages of love dinner. For each course, choose between Italian, Romanian or French cuisines or mix and match as you please. Tickets for the event are $47 per person and reservations are required. Get tickets here.
- Create your own 3-course dinner at Local Chop & Grill House by choosing from a selection of dishes for each course. You won’t go wrong with this menu. To make reservations, call (540) 801 0505.
- Join Montpelier Restaurant & Bar on Thursday, Friday or Saturday nights for a 5-course tasting menu. The menu is $68 per person. To make your reservation, call (540)-214-2280 or book on OpenTable.
- Rocktown Kitchen is offering a 3-course menu starting with soft shell crab, a choice of seared rockfish fillet or prime beef tenderloin entree and chocolate mousse and peanut butter cheesecake for a sweet finish. Enjoy some jazz and soul tunes by Maggie Hagy during dinner. To make reservations, call (540) 217-2425.
- The Joshua Wilton House is offering a specially designed, 3-course this Thursday, Friday, or Saturday. The menu is $55 per person, with wine pairings available for an additional $15. To make a reservation, check here.
Need the perfect gift?
- Order a beautiful bouquet of flowers from Blue Ridge Florist. Call (540) 434-9931 to place your order.
- Sparrow’s Floral Design has a great selection of flowers, including succulents and house plants. Or, opt for one of their handcrafted paper bouquets. They never wilt! To place an order, call (540) 432-5576. You can also pick up a gorgeous bouquet for $15 each from Heritage Bakery. They get a fresh delivery every week.
- Say it with a card! You’ll find every style in downtown, from sweet and romantic to funny and artistic. Find the perfect one at The Lady Jane, Laughing Dog, Downtown Books, Friendly City Food Co-op, New Creation or Lineage.
- Some of our favorite pieces of jewelry at Hugo Kohl are the one-of-a-kind pendants that are handcrafted in sterling silver from pocket watch and compact cover designs from the late 1800’s.
- If you want to gift a piece of jewelry that has story and is unequivocally beautiful, shop at James McHone Jewelry
- Hand-mined, polished gems crafted into intricate, unique pieces of jewelry are Elk Run Mining Company’s specialty.
- You’ll fall in love with withSimplicity‘s date night massage oil. romantic aromas of rose, jasmine and ylang-ylang are perfect for a relaxing night in. Don’t be surprised if you leave with a ton of extra goodies to pamper yourself.
Sill looking for ways to celebrate? Check out these events!
- Who doesn’t love a fun 90’s dance party at Clementine. Dance the night away, from 10pm – 1:30am for only a $3 cover charge.
- The Arts Council of the Valley is bringing the Cupid Crawl back again for another Valentine’s Day! Enjoy a guided art tour led by local artist, Laura Thompson, while enjoy art, appetizers and drinks at four stops on the tour. Tickets are $50 per person or $90 per couple with a special student rate!
- Back by popular demand, Shenandoah Yoga is offering their Valentine’s Day special again! Join them for their Hatha yoga session on Feb. 14th from 5:30 – 6:30pm. You can either pay for a ticket and bring a partner for free, or go dutch and each pay for a session at 50% off!
- Brother’s Craft Brewing is hosting a Valentine’s day movie night with craft beer and popcorn pairings. Join them for a night have Napoleon Dynamite, great snacks, and a good time. For more information, check here.
- Hosting their second annual Valentine’s Day comedy show,
Restless Moons Brewing is the place to be for a hilarious night. Going from 7:30 – 9pm. The event features three different artists and is sure to be a great time.
- Join Pale Fire Brewing Company for their Valentine’s Day concert with Many Nights Ahead and Tyler Supko. Live music, cold beer, and a fun evening out is the perfect way to spend your Valentine’s Day evening.
Looking for more information about what’s going on downtown? Keep an eye on our events calendar for weekly events.