Looking for the perfect way to spend Father’s day? Look no further. Downtown has the perfect event for you and that special guy in your life this Father’s Day. From brunch to brews and a slew of pretty amazing gifts, Downtown Harrisonburg is the place to go to show the father figure in your life just how special he is!
Father’s Day for the Kids:
Head over to Massanutten Regional library for their Father’s Day Crafts event. Taking place on June 8th from 1-2 p.m., this is the perfect event for kids to create an adorable present to give to their #1 Dad!
Celebrating this Father’s Day with a craft beer lover? Downtown has you covered. Take them on a tour of any of our five different breweries, or, better yet, visit them all!
- Pale Fire Brewing
- Brother’s Craft Brewing
- The Friendly Fermenter
- Restless Moons Brewing
- Three Notch’d Brewing
Finding a great gift can be tough! But, with the fantastic shops in downtown, you’ll be sure to find the perfect little something for that special fellow.
- Lineage: Check out Lineage for a wide selection of gifts ranging from blankets and button ups to camping gear and hand-crafted leather firewood carriers! They’ve got something for every guy in your life.
- withSimplicity: Their Outbound Supply line is specially crafted just for men! The line features products such as beard balm, solid cologne, and aftershave, along with a few household staples, like emergency matches and beer soap. Products like these never go out of style.
- Friendly City Co-op: For some guys, the perfect gift for father’s day is a carefully selected 6-pack. The Friendly City Co-op has you covered, with a huge selection of local, domestic, and imported brews. Mix and match them for that personal touch!
If there’s one thing that Downtown Harrisonburg is known for, it’s our culinary scene. With restaurants serving up the best of just about every style, from Indonesian to Cuban, we’ve got something that everyone is sure to love! Celebrate Father’s Day out with a fantastic meal and some great company. Here are a few thought-starters, but be sure to check out our entire downtown restaurant directory here.
- Food.Bar.Food: Kick off the day right with brunch from Food.bar.food. Try out their crowd-favorite chicken and waffles or shrimp and grits! No matter what your choice, you can’t go wrong with any of their dishes – and don’t forget about their famous bloody marys.
- Local Chop and Grill House: End the day on a high note with dinner at Local Chop. Dads love a good grill — and no one does it quite like Local Chop and Grill house. It’s even in their name! Experience local flavor with Shenandoah Valley-sourced seasonal selections handcrafted with care.
- Jimmy Madison’s: With true southern comfort food, great music, and an incredible list of spirits, Jimmy Madison’s is the place to celebrate Father’s Day! Known for their crowd-pleasing menu and collection of some of the best whiskeys around, celebrating here is sure to be a great time.
- Rocktown Kitchen: An intimate, farm-to-table restaurant, Rocktown Kitchen serves up a true culinary experience. Using fresh, local ingredients, they offer up something truly unique for their guests — with a menu full of elevated American favorites sure to please everyone’s tastes. Check out their extensive wine and beer list, too!
- Union Station Restaurant & Bar: With great food, great drinks, and a great atmosphere, Union Station is the perfect place to celebrate Father’s day! Serving up southern-inspired classics and a few delicious surprises, they’ve got the perfect space to bring your family for a lovely dinner in one of downtown Harrisonburg’s cherished historic buildings.
- Jack Brown’s Beer & Burger Joint: Looking for a more low key dinner out? Jack Brown’s is the place to go! With incredible burgers, homemade fried Oreos, and a killer beer list, they’ve got just about everything you’ll need for a perfect Father’s Day.
- Billy Jack’s Shack: With a menu that has everything from salads, sandwiches, and burgers to oysters, donuts, and “sticky nuggs”, Billy Jack’s has something everyone will love. Serving up great drinks and even better food, it’s the perfect place to go to end Father’s Day on a high note!