It’s been over a year of sheltering in place and quarantining, but now that more people are getting vaccinated and state regulations are being lifted, we are revving up to welcome everyone back to in-person events in downtown Harrisonburg!
Whether you are into live music, trivia, happy hours, BINGO, art workshops, or something else, downtown Harrisonburg has something for you. The downtown Events Calendar is updated weekly with new additions, but there is also a number of weekly events to keep you entertained throughout the week. Check back as we will update weekly events here throughout the spring and summer!
WEEKLY DOWNTOWN EVENTS
- Take barre and yoga classes at Sage Bird Ciderworks on alternating Sunday mornings at 10 am. Each registration includes one glass of cider in the taproom.
- Join Gamer Oasis for Yu-Gi-Oh on Sundays at 1:00 pm! Entry is $5 (except for the final event of the month which is a double-entry). Learn more on Facebook.
Did You Know?
Harrisonburg Downtown Renaissance publishes a newsletter every other Friday with updates and news about downtown, including event announcements. Subscribe to the newsletter here.
- Harrisonburg Farmers Market will be open on Tuesdays from 8 am – 1 pm through Thanksgiving.
- Gamer Oasis will be hosting Magic The Gathering’s Standard format tournaments on Tuesdays at 5:00 pm! Event entry is $5, and prizing goes to the top placing individuals. The final event of each month will be double entry. Learn more on Facebook.
- Clementine Cafe is hosting trivia each week from 8 – 10 pm.
- Brother’s Craft Brewery is continuing By the Fire Fridays this month. Enjoy live music and drinks by the fireside with new artists each week. See the full schedule on Facebook.
- Enjoy Friday jazz nights at Clementine from 7:00 – 9:00 pm.
- Start your weekend with happy hour at Magpie Diner! Enjoy specials on cocktails, beer, wine, and snack plates on the patio or indoors from 4:00 – 7:00 pm.
- Magpie Diner is hosting live music on First Friday afternoons with their Patio Sessions event. Performers have included The Steel Wheels, Prince Bellerose, and Rob Cheatham!
- Rocktown Yarn hosts Knit/Crochet meetups every Friday at 6 pm in the Agora Downtown Market breezeway. Open to all skill levels.
- Come to Gamer Oasis Saturday for Pokémon trading card games and Sword & Shield battle/raids starting at noon. Learn more on Facebook.
- X2 Comedy and Friendly City Dance Room are teaming up to bring downtown Comedy & Kizomba on the second Saturday of every month in 2021.
- Harrisonburg Farmers Market will be open on Saturdays from 8 am – 1 pm through Thanksgiving. The market also plans to have live music on Saturdays.