HDR has worked in partnership with the Harrisonburg-Rockingham COVID-19 Business Support Taskforce to coordinate support and resources for businesses in the Harrisonburg and Rockingham area in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Taskforce has raised $50,000 for small business grants for quick distribution to downtown Harrisonburg, City of Harrisonburg, and Rockingham County businesses. This fund would not be possible without the generous donation of F&M Bank. Maximum grant amounts are $5000. This is not a loan.
We are optimistic that current fund-raising efforts will result in additional funds being secured for additional grant rounds. At this time, any applications received will be considered for the next funding round. Grant recipients from Grant Round One will be notified the week of April 6.
Businesses eligible for a Harrisonburg-Rockingham Small Business Resilience Grant must meet the following requirements:
- Had 25 employees or fewer on March 1, 2020 (note: businesses with multiple regional locations are eligible).
- Must be in good standing with regard to state and local taxes and licenses.
- Must have been established and operational in Harrisonburg or Rockingham County for at least the previous 12 months. Businesses that have expanded to a storefront from another business are eligible (e.g., an established caterer who opened a restaurant or an online retailer who opened a boutique).
- Must be able to produce recent financial statements such as: Profit & loss statements for 2018 & 2019, recent balance sheet, and/or recent tax returns
- Eligible uses of funds: payroll (exclusive of owner compensation), utilities, rent, mortgage payments, insurance, or similar expenses, and products directly used in production of a product for sale.
If you have questions, please email Andrea.
Make a Donation to the Fund
If you are a corporation or bank and would like to contribute to this fund, please contact Andrea Dono at 540-432-8934.
If you are an individual donor who would like to make a donation, click here to make a contribution that will be earmarked specifically for small businesses in downtown Harrisonburg.
About The Harrisonburg-Rockingham COVID-19 Business Support Taskforce
The Harrisonburg-Rockingham COVID-19 Business Support Taskforce is an ad-hoc group convened to coordinate resources, information, and support for the business community in response to the nation’s pandemic. Members include representatives from the Harrisonburg-Rockingham Chamber of Commerce, the City of Harrisonburg Economic Development, the Shenandoah Valley Partnership, the Shenandoah Valley Small Business Development Center (SVSBDC), Harrisonburg Downtown Renaissance, Rockingham Department of Economic Development and Tourism, and the Shenandoah Valley Technology Council.
About F&M Bank
F&M Bank serves the Shenandoah Valley with 14 full-service branches and a wide variety of financial services including home loans through F&M Mortgage and real estate settlement services and title insurance through VSTitle. Both individuals and businesses find the organization’s local decision-making, and up-to-date technology provide the kind of responsive, knowledgeable, and reliable service that only a progressive community bank can. F&M Bank has grown to over $807 million in assets and over 175 full and part-time employees. Its conservative approach to finances and sound investments, along with excellent customer service, has made F&M Bank profitable and continues to pave the way for a bright future.