Read HDR’s statement on the COVID-19 pandemic, a guide to what you can do if you’re feeling powerless and want to help, and updates on what HDR is doing to support our downtown community at downtownharrisonburg.org/resilience.
Follow CDC guidelines at all times. Stay at least six feet away from other individuals while out in public, avoid crowds, and do not join gatherings or spaces with more than ten people present.
We will continually collect updates and aim to update this page twice a day. Please call businesses for most up to date information. Please send business updates to email@example.com
Many businesses are offering local delivery through GiddyUp Courier. Purchase delivery items through their app or website here.
SIGN UP FOR THE HDR NEWSLETTER
WAYS TO HELP FOR FREE
- LIKE your favorite small business on social media
- COMMENT on their posts
- SHARE their posts with your friends and networks. Be sure to visit their pages to see posts that you may have missed on your newsfeed!
- Commenting on and sharing posts significantly increases their reach and visibility so more people will see them
- Also, check in with small business owners and employees to see how they’re doing. A little love and a few words of encouragement can go a long way.
Magpie & Friends Local Food Drive Thru Market: Twice weekly pick-up of local produce and staples from popular downtown restaurants and retailers like Food.Bar.Food, BoBoKo Indonesian Cafe, and Chestnut Ridge Coffee Roasters. Place your order here.
*denotes businesses participating in Magpie & Friends Local Food Drive Thru Market. Magpie and Friends Market is a partnership with local producers who typically supply to restaurants, as well as fresh-baked bread from Magpie bakers, locally-roasted coffee from Chestnut Ridge, and great products like chef-crafted pasta in a no-touch, drive-thru format. Click here to learn more & place an order.
|BUSINESS||PHONE #||STOREFRONT OPEN?||PICKUP?||DELIVERY?||GIFT CARDS|
|Black Sheep Coffee||(540)217-5560||YES||Order here||Order here||Call store|
|Broad Porch Coffee||(540) 324-8215||NO – bagged coffee only||Order here||Order here||Buy here|
|Chestnut Ridge Coffee Roasters||(501) 336-4494||NO||Order here||Order here||Buy here|
|Shenandoah Joe||(540) 574-4563||YES||Buy here|
|BUSINESS||PHONE #||PICKUP?||DELIVERY?||GIFT CARDS|
|Bella Gelato||(540) 217-5657||YES||Call store|
|Bittersweet Bakery||(301) 616-5609||Order here||Buy here|
|El Paisano Bakery||(540) 209-8892||YES||YES||Call store|
|Heritage Bakery & Cafe||(540) 564-1200||YES||Call store|
|Kline’s Dairy Bar||(540) 434-4014||YES||Call store|
|Strite’s Donuts||(540) 810-3070||YES||Call store|
|BUSINESS||PHONE #||PICK UP?||DELIVERY?||GIFT CARDS/ MERCH|
|Brothers Craft Brewing||(540) 421-6599||YES||Order here||Buy here|
|The Friendly Fermenter||(540) 217-2614||YES||Call store|
|Pale Fire Brewing||(540) 217-5452||YES||Buy here|
|Restless Moons Brewing||(540) 217-2726||YES||Order here||Buy here|
|Three Notch’d Valley Collab House||(540) 217-5939||YES||Buy here|
|Name/Link||Phone #||Online store?||Curbside pick up?||Local Delivery?||Gift card?|
|Blue Ridge Dog||(540) 908-9536||YES||YES||Call store|
|BlueTique Cheap Chic||(540) 432-5552||Shop here||YES||Call store|
|Bring Your Own, LLC||(540) 209-7722||Shop here||Order here||Buy here|
|Charlee Rose Boutique||Shop here||YES||Buy here|
|Elk Run Mining Co.||(540) 421-7663||*Retail store open by appointment only||Call store|
|The Frame Factory & Gallery||(540) 433-2667||Temporarily closed||Buy here|
|Gamer Oasis||(540) 217-2672||Shop here||Call store|
|Glens Fair Price||(540) 434-8272||YES||Call store|
|Green Hummingbird||(540) 421-1441||Shop here||Call store|
|Heartworn Vintage||(540) 705-1047||YES||Buy here|
|Hugo Kohl Jewelry||(540) 574-4306||
*Phone and web orders only
|Horizon Gifts||(540) 607-2075||Call store|
|James McHone Jewelry||(540) 433-1833||Shop here||YES||Call store|
|The Lady Jane||(540) 421-3252||Shop here||YES||Buy here|
|Larkin Arts||CLOSED||Register for classes||Buy here|
|Laughing Dog T-shirts & Gifts||(540) 564-0928||YES||YES||Call store|
|Lineage Goods||(540) 744-2961||Shop here||Buy here|
|Midtowne Market||CLOSED||Shop here||Buy here|
|Mossy Creek Fly Fishing||(540) 434-2444||Shop here||YES||YES||Buy here|
|New Creation||(540) 208-7446||Shop here||Call store|
|Oasis Fine Art Gallery||(540) 442-8188||Shop here||Buy here|
|Ray Carr Tires||(540) 434-3633||OPEN|
|Rocktown Bicycles||(540) 689-0070||Shop here||YES||YES||Buy here|
|Rocktown Gift Shoppe||(540) 432-8935||Call store|
|Shenandoah Bicycle Company||(540) 437-9000||**closed, but still open for repairs||Call store|
|Shirley’s Gourmet Popcorn||(540) 830-9488||**bulk orders only||YES||YES||Call store|
|Sparrows Flowers||(540) 209-8074||Order here||Call store|
|Ten Thousand Villages||(540) 442-1010||Shop here||YES||Buy here|
|The Yellow Button||(540) 801-8110||Shop here||YES||Call store|
|Timeless Toys||(540) 432-8697||Shop here||YES||YES||Call store|
|Virginia Quilt Museum||(540) 433-3818||Shop here||Donate here|
|Walkabout Outfitter||(540) 434-9900||Shop here||YES||YES||Buy here|
|Water Street Vintage & Bohemian||(540) 810-0211||Call store|
|withSimplicity||(540) 209-9862||Shop here||YES||YES||Buy here|
|Name/Link||Phone #||Online class?||Gift card/membership?|
|The Center||(540) 383-0438||Sign up here||Buy Here|
|Dance & Company||(540) 433-7127|
|Dancing with Karen||(540) 432-1003||Sign up here||Buy Here|
|Four Seasons Harmony||(540) 383-9589||Buy Here|
|Friendly City Dance Room||(540) 305-4143||Sign up here||Buy Here|
|The Grace||(540) 300-5951||Sign up here||Buy Here|
|Pink Ambition Dance & Fitness||(540) 214-8917||Sign up here||Buy Here|
|Restorative Massage||(540) 421-1876||Buy Here|
|Rocktown Hot Yoga||(540) 433-9642||Sign up here||Buy here|
|Shenandoah Yoga||(540) 746-8468||Sign up here||Buy here|
- Arts Council of the Valley/ Smith House Galleries/ Court Square Theater. Donate here. Buy a gift card.
- Cats Cradle – center is closed but staff is available by phone. Donate here.
- The Collins Center– the 24-hour Sexual Assault Crisis Hotline will continue to be available to provide immediate support and advocacy. Hotline: 540-434-2272.
- Explore More Discovery Museum – Learn how you can support the museum and Play it Forward. While they’re closed, join them for Explore More at Home, a virtual connection for fun and learning!
- Larkin Arts – Buy gift cards here
- Massanutten Regional Library – Donate here.
- New Bridges Immigrant Resource Center – Office is closed; team members working remotely. Available to answer questions from clients and community members. Leave a detailed voicemail at 540-438-8295, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Taste of the World has been postponed. Donate here.
- Virginia Quilt Museum– Donate here
- Appeal Production – All meetings are hosted via video conference or telephone call. Schedule a chat: https://app.hubspot.com/meetings/andy116/30-minute-call or call (540)271-0023
- Digital Minerva -Closed for in-person meetings, but team members are working from home. Meetings are being conducted via conference call. In addition to regular projects, we are assisting businesses with timely crisis communications, Google my Business and website updates to keep customers informed. To book, visit https://calendly.com/digitalminerva or call (540) 466-4276.
- Gitchell’s Photography – Open 9am-5pm daily, weekends by appt. Offers curbside pickup.
- Psychic of Harrisonburg – offering $10 off all readings conducted via telephone, facetime, or email. Call 540-560-3326 to schedule.
- Ray Carr Tires – Considered an essential business, Ray Carr Tires is open Monday-Friday 9am-4pm. They are sanitizing their facility, and providing their staff with personal protective equipment.
- Transitions Individual & Couple’s Counseling: Office open for counseling sessions. Distance counseling available via video. Sliding-scale discounts available, and 1st session is half-price. Email email@example.com for details or to schedule.
The Harrisonburg Farmer’s Market is seeking volunteers during Market hours, between 9 – 1 on Saturdays, and on 8 -1 on Saturdays and Tuesdays, beginning April 11th. The Farmer’s Market will be closed until April 11th.
Folks that are not in the “high risk” population who are willing/able to do a shift between 9 and 1 helping to meet customer needs and manage the number of customers in the pavilion. If we get a good response, an hour should work well.
Specifically for these tasks:
- Folks to greet and help manage the waiting line
- Folks to roam the pavilion and help count customers
- We could possibly also use a few folks to help keep the info desk/token disbursement system covered
- One to two people to help us manage the shifts, do training etc.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer!
Pale Fire Helps pop-up food bank needs volunteers to help prepare donations and greet guests as they enter the taproom. Learn more at https://palefirehelps.com/