For Current information regarding the Hotel Madison and Shenandoah Valley Conference Center please contact
Eddie Bumbaugh at email@example.com.
A 230-room boutique hotel is slated to open in downtown Harrisonburg in Spring 2018. It will include 50 extended-stay rooms and one presidential suite.
- This $35 million hotel will be privately owned and operated by Maryland-based development firm dpM Partners whose principal is a JMU alumnus. The JMU Foundation will finance the $10.9 million conference center.
- The conference center will offer a grand ballroom that can accommodate between 551 - 882 people, depending on the type of event. It will also have two smaller ballrooms and multiple breakout/meeting rooms.
- The project will include a restaurant and bar facing Grace Street, green building elements, and design elements that complement local architecture.
- Phase I of the project is anticipated to conclude in spring 2016 with the development of a new 1000-car parking garage. Ground breaking for the hotel is anticipated in the spring and road work will commence in the summer.
- The construction of a hotel and conference center has been one of HDR’s long-range revitalization goals that would help establish downtown Harrisonburg as a destination. Extensive collaborative efforts will help integrate the hotel & conference center into the larger downtown community and will promote downtown businesses among visitors.
This project is a result of a strong public-private partnership among the City of Harrisonburg, JMU, and HDR. Harrisonburg City Council voted to approve this project in Oct. 2014, and entered into an agreement with James Madison University, the JMU Foundation, and dpM Partners.