Celebrate the holidays at Winter Wonderfest on December 9th from 12-6pm. The event features a Cookie Tour and seasonal activities.
Stop by the host location on the corner of Main and Bruce St (next to Ten Thousand Villages) for kids' crafts, holiday beverages, and bucket list to enjoy the festival. Activities throughout downtown will include:
Noon - 6PM: Art Market
Visit Larkin Arts' Art Market from 12-6pm to purchase locally made arts and crafts directly from the artist! B Beautiful displays and pieces for purchase.
1-3PM: Photos with Santa
Get a selfie with Santa from 1-3pm at Agora Downtown Market! A photographer will not be provided so make sure to bring your own camera!
4:30PM: The Movie, ELF
The movie Elf will be playing at Court Square Theater (41 Court Sq.) at 4:30pm. Shop at a downtown retailer during the festival and bring your receipt to get in to the show for free.
Listen for carolers from the Shenandoah Valley Children's Choir throughout downtown. "The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear." -Buddy the Elf, Elf
Look for the Grinch and Elves
Snap a photo with the Grinch and elves throughout downtown. Post to Facebook or Instagram using the hashtags: #WinterWonderfestHburg and #DowntownHarrisonburg!
Cookie Tour - Tickets are sold out!
Spend a special afternoon shopping downtown and enjoying the festivities while making sure to hit each stop on the tour for a gourmet, locally made cookie.
The tour is self-guided. Check in at the host location, which is the store next to Ten Thousand Villages on the corner of Main and Bruce Street. You'll get a wristband and a box for your cookies, then you can stop at the participating locations in any order that you'd like.
Cookie Tour Tickets cost $15. Only 100 available for purchase (online only).
Locations on Tour:
- Horizon Gifts - 111 N. Liberty St.
- withSimplicity - 108 S. Main St.
- Glen's Fair Price - 227 N. Main St.
- Oasis Art Gallery - 103 S. Main St.
- The Yellow Button - 122 S. Main St. #102
- Green Hummingbird - 320 S. Main St.
- Walkabout Outfitter - 90 N. Main St.
- Ten Thousand Villages - 181 S. Main St.
- Friendly City Food Co-Op - 150 E. Wolfe St.
- Meridian Books & Games - 61 Court Sq.
- Shenandoah Bicycle Company - 135 S. Main St.
- Bonus cookie for dog lovers available at Blue Ridge Dog! - 115 W. Water St.