Mama Strunk is FAMOUS around town for her prayer shawls, and due to popular demand, I have finally convinced her to offer a class on how to make them.
What is a Prayer Shawl? It’s a hand-made item that is meant to bring comfort to someone who is in physical, emotional, or mental distress. The idea is that you make the item while thinking, praying, or sending thoughts of comfort and healing to that person. You do not need to be religious or spiritual to make or receive one–it’s really the thought behind it that counts!
This class will have two parts:
– First, a free intro to crochet lesson for those who are brand-new to the craft.
– Second, a session on how to create the shawl using what you’ve learned in the intro class.
– Chain stitch
– Double crochet stitch
– ~800yds of worsted-weight yarn
– J hook, or similar size
This pattern is extremely versatile, so we can help you match your yarn and hook if you want to pick a different weight!
– Class will meet Saturday, September 10 at 11:00am for the Intro to Crochet portion of the class. If you are comfortable with chaining and double crochet, you can skip this part.
– The shawl portion of the class will meet from 1:00pm-3:00pm that same day .
We require a minimum of 3 registrations for all events. If we cancel due to insufficient registrations, we will provide you with a full refund.
If you register for an event and are unable to attend, let us know as soon as possible. If you cancel more than 48 hours beforehand, we will provide you with a full refund. If you cancel less than 48 hours before the event, we can transfer your registration to a later date if one is available, but we will not be able to provide a refund.