7:00PM: DOWNTOWN HARRISONBURG
Schedule of Events:
Parade - 7:00pm
The parade begins at 7:00pm at the Rockingham County Office Building on Gay Street and ends at the corner of Grattan and Main Street. If you would like additional information on the Holiday Parade please visit the City website here or call 540-433-9168.
Following the Parade
Mayor Deanna Reed will host a tree lighting ceremony in Court Square, followed by a holiday concert performed by the JMU Marching Royal Dukes.
Parking Information downtown:
Free parking is located throughout downtown and labeled with blue and gold signs. Please check the road closures that will prohibit street and lot parking at those locations.
Water Street and Elizabeth Street parking decks will remain open and accessible. The Municipal Parking Lot will remain open and accessible.
Official street closures for the parade will be as follows:
5:00 pm – 11:00 pm
- Both lanes of Main Street will be closed from Martin Luther King Way to Gay Street.
- Court Square will be closed.
- Gay Street will be closed from Mason Street to Noll Drive.
All roads will reopen tentatively at 11:00 p.m. depending on crowd levels at the discretion of the Harrisonburg Police Department and Public Works.
- After 5pm, any cars parked on Main Street from Grattan Street to Gay Street will be towed at the owner's expense.
- On-street parking on Newman Avenue from Main Street to Federal Street will be prohibited from 4 -11 p.m.
- The public parking lot next to Clementine and Jimmy Madison’s will be closed from 4 -11 p.m.
- The public parking lot on the south side of City Hall will be closed from 5 -11 p.m.
For more information about the Holiday Parade & Tree Lighting, please call the City of Harrisonburg’s Dept. of Parks and Recreation at (540) 433-9168, or visit www.harrisonburgva.gov/holiday-parade.
Find daily events - live music, kids' activities, and more.