Red, white and blue plus you! It's Harrisonburg's quintessential 4th of July celebration! Great food, music and entertainment attract thousands of people to downtown Harrisonburg for a fun day with family, friends and neighbors. Valley Fourth is held rain or shine.
Schedule of Events
7:00am: Breathe's Sunrise Circuit Free Community Class
Meet outside of the Ice House, facing Liberty Street
8:00am: Valley Fourth RUN
This is the only chipped timing race in the Shenandoah Valley that lets you pick your charity and your distance. Don't forget to choose Harrisonburg Downtown Renaissance when you sign up!
8:00am - 1:00pm: Harrisonburg Farmers Market
The market will be open for their normal Tuesday hours. Stop by and stock up on locally grown fresh fruits and vegetables.
12:00pm: Reading of the Declaration of Independence (at Court Square)
The Fort Harrison Chapter of the Sons of the American Revolution present the Reading of the Declaration of Independence for the 22nd consecutive year on the east side of the Court House.
12:30, 2:30, & 4:30pm: "Shrek" The Movie (at Court Square Theater)
Court Square Theater presents three showings of the movie "Shrek". Purchase movie tickets. Ages 3 and under are free.
1:00 - 5:00pm: Friendly City Fortune
Make sure you have a ticket for the biggest raffle in the Shenandoah Valley! You can win cars, cash, vacations and more as one prize will be drawn every 5 minutes for four hours. Get your ticket!
1:00pm-9:00pm: Kids' Zone
- Bounce houses
- Face Painting by Larkin Arts
- Friendly City Hoops
- Explore More Discovery Museum Fun Zone (4-7pm)
- Parachute games
- Sidewalk Chalk
- 2 EXTREME Body Marbling
- Henna Bodywork by Wholistic Wisdom
- Balloon Twisting
- "Touch a Truck" with Harrisonburg Fire Department
- Watermelon Seed Spitting Contest hosted by Friendly City Food Co-op (4pm)
- Heritage Bakery Cake Walks (5-6pm)
- Benny Sorrentino's Pizza Eating Contest (6pm)
- Yard games and more!
2:00pm-9:00pm: Marketplace of Vendors
- Art market featuring local art, crafts and gifts
- Local food trucks and food vendors
- Craft vendors
- Downtown shops
- 5:00pm: The Judy Chops
- 7:00pm: Super Doppler
5:00 - 9:00pm: Classic Car Cruise-in
All antiques and hot rods are welcome. The first 75 cars to arrive will receive dash plaques. To enter, email email@example.com (no entry fee).
Around 9:15pm: Fireworks Finale
Fireworks light up the sky over downtown! Here are the recommended safe viewing areas:
- Turner Pavilion & Park, 228 S. Liberty St.
- Food Maxx International Market, 924 W. Market St.
- JMU Memorial Hall Parking Lots, 395 S. High St.
- Thomas Harrison Middle School, 1311 W. Market St.
- Westside Baptist Church, 715 W. Wolfe St.
The rain date for the fireworks show is July 6, 2017. Stay tuned to our website and Facebook page for updates.
If you'd like to volunteer, please click the SIGN UP button below: